What's New at the Montenegrin Association of America Web Site
- The home page was updated to reflect the results of the referendum
on May 21, 2006.
- In July 2005, MAA awarded its sixth annual prize to the most outstanding
student in a Cetinje high school. An article appeared in several newspapers.
The winners by year are:
Thanks go to Miomir Djurisic (2005) and Rada Perisic (2000-2004),
director of the high school, for their help with this.
- Princess Milena donated her portrait of Prince Milo to the King's
Museum in Cetinje. As of July 2004, the portrait was on display in the library.
- MAA donated money to Krstas to support the Montenegrin Orthodox Church
- In celebration of its 10th anniversary, MAA awarded a prize to
Rajko Cerovic for his exceptional work on behalf of the diaspora.
- In July 2003, a link was added to a web page showing the paintings of
Montenegrin artist Tanja Vasilija Sekulic.
A link was also added to a web page showing the mosaics of
- In 2002, a link was added to a web site showing the works of Montenegrin
sculptor Mijo Mijuskovic.
- Princess Milena received a letter from Milo Djukanovic, President
of the Republic of Montenegro, dated March 27, 2002 thanking her for
A member of MAA and a descendant of the Petrovic-Njegos family,
Milena Petrovic-Njegos Thompson's
book is entitled My Father The Prince. It is available for purchase
On March 16, 2002 an interview
with Princess Milena appeared in a Southern California newspaper.
An interview with Princess Milena appeared
in the Montenegrin Monitor on April 19, 2001.
- Letter of Protest and
Call for International Support by members of the Montenegrin World Association.
- Open Letter
to Mr Javier Solana from the Montenegrin Society,
Doclean Academy of Sciences and Arts,
Montenegrin P.E.N. Centre, and Montenegrin Association of Independent Writers
received February 25, 2002
- Statement of members of the Montenegrin Expert Group on
economic, social and monetary issues presented in Brussels February 4, 2002
- Preliminary announcement of a meeting of
Montenegrin emigrants from North America under the title "THRU REFERENDUM
TO SOVEREIGNTY", to be held in New York in March or April 2002.
- Foundation of "Montenegro Forum UK", posted on http://www.montenet.org/2001/forum1.html,
was copied to this site on 28 November 2001 to be sure it remained available.
We recommend that you visit www.montenet.org regularly for updates
of this valuable program.
- You may now make a donation to the Montenegrin Orthodox Church via the web.
Simply click on this box or the one on the page entitled
Montenegrin Church and Religion in Montenegro.
- A member of MAA and a descendant of the Petrovic-Njegos family, Milena Petrovic-Njegos Thompson
has published a book entitled My Father The Prince. It is available for purchase
An interview with Princess Milena appeared in the Montenegrin Monitor.
If you would like to be notified by e-mail when
the web site changes, please enter your e-mail address below.
You may return to the montenegro.org
home page at any time. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
www.montenegro.org Last updated on 30 September 2006